Diamond Neptune SBC, 1.66GHz Core Duo LV CPU, 1GB RAM, data acquisition, wide voltage input
EPIC® form-factor Single Board Computer with interchangeable ETX CPUs, integrated data acquisition, and PC/104-Plus™ expansion
Highly Integrated Single Board Computer (SBC)
Neptune integrates an I/O application layer, COM layer, and thermal layer into a compact, EPIC form-factor board-level subsystem.
Neptune’s configurable ETX COM CPU core allows you to match a Neptune ERS to the precise price/performance needs of your application.
Access to the Latest Technology
Neptune’s ETX-based design provides you with access to the latest CPU and I/O technology while protecting your investment from CPU obsolescence via plug compatible ETX CPU modules.
Neptune is a fully operational, off-the-shelf subsystem ready for deployment in your application. No custom baseboard development is necessary.
Complete Neptune Development Kits are available, with all the components you need to get started on your embedded design project. Each kit contains a Neptune SBC, cable kit, and software CD.
Neptune runs Linux and Windows XP™ and XP Embedded. Diamond’s industry- leading Universal Driver software is also included at no extra charge. It provides a C programming library for the integrated data acquisition circuit, and demo programs to assist in rapid application development.
* Integrates the functions of six PC/104 modules within the compact EPIC form-factor
* ETX COM CPU core provides price/performance flexibility, reduces costs, and protects against product obsolescence
* Choice of Intel© Atom™ or Core Duo™ LV CPUs
* Provides I/O connectors for a wide range of interfaces:
– 10/100Mbps and Gigabit Ethernet LAN
– IDE, SATA and CompactFlash
– Quad USB 2.0
– Four RS-232/422/485 and two RS-232 serial ports
– CRT and LVDS video output
– PS/2 keyboard and mouse
* On-board 40W 8-28V DC/DC power supply
* Optional on-board data acquisition subsystem features multiplexed 32 channel 16-bit A/D with autocalibration, four 12-bit D/A, 24 digital I/O, 8 optoisolated inputs and outputs, and two counter/timers
* Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C or
-20°C to +71°C, ETX COM model dependent
* Expands via stackable PC/104-Plus (ISA & PCI) modules