Machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software development kit
Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)1 is a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software applications. MIL includes tools for every step in the process: from application feasibility, to prototyping, through to development and ultimately deployment.
The toolkit features interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving. These tools are designed to enhance productivity, thereby reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
Image capture, processing and analysis operations have the accuracy and robustness needed to tackle the most demanding applications. These operations are also carefully optimized for speed to address the severe time constraints encountered in many applications.
MIL 10 provides support for Microsoft Windows 8 and the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Linux distribution. It includes improvements to the vector-based graphical image annotation capability, which lets programmers implement user interactivity–linked directly to MIL tools–into their applications more quickly. The release introduces the MIL Profiler utility to visualize the execution of multi-threaded MIL applications, thereby allowing more detailed application troubleshooting and optimization. MIL 10 also offers more illustrative examples to reduce a developer’s learning curve. These include using MIL for packaging inspection, heterogeneous multi-processing, and laser-based 3D scanning using third-party cameras.
MIL 10 features a modified calibration routine that enables object localization in 3D using just four known points. A new calculator is included to assist with configuring laser-based 3D scanning setups. The projection-based measurement tool benefits from tunable edge detection for better robustness, while the bead inspection tool also tracks beads composed of a single edge or a double edge of varying width. The color histogram matching tool provides an additional vote-based strategy to match individual pixels against the histogram of samples. The color matching, bead inspection, and metrology tools also take advantage of multi-core processing to run faster.
Registered MIL users with valid maintenance subscriptions will automatically receive MIL 10 development packages shortly after its official release. Upgrade pricing will be available to update previously deployed run-time installations. MIL 10 will be available in early access form to interested developers in Q1 2013 and officially released in the second half of 2013.
- Solve applications rather than develop underlying tools by leveraging a toolkit with a 20-year history of reliable performance
- Tackle applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Harness the full power of today’s hardware through optimizations exploiting SIMD, multi-core CPU, multi-CPU and FPGA technologies
- Easily support platforms ranging from smart cameras to HPC clusters via a single consistent and intuitive API
- Obtain live images from the interface of choice through support for analog, Camera Link®, CoaXpress, DVI-D, GigE Vision®, IEEE 1394 IIDC, SDI, and
USB3 Vision™ 2 transmission formats
- Maintain flexibility and choice by way of 32-bit Windows® XP, 32/64-bit Windows 7 and 8(.1), and 32/64-bit Linux® support
- Make the best use of available programming know-how with support for C, C++, C# and Visual Basic® languages
- Further increase productivity and reduce development costs by receiving training and assistance from our team of imaging experts