CohuHD’s 8800HD Series can deliver up to 6 times the resolution and detail of traditional standard-definition long-range (48km) camera systems. With this exceptional performance, the 8800HD is ideal for perimeter security, border patrol, and protecting airports, ports, military, maritime, and other critical infrastructure.
Offers Best in Class Features
• HD optical zoom of 137.5x
• Narrow HAFOV of 0.2 degrees
• Boresighted optics
• Detect human sized targets out to 30 miles (48km)
• H.264 encoder, web server built-in
• Precision positioning movements
• Designed for harsh environments
In addition to superior image quality and excellent long-range zoom optics, the 8800HD system delivers its HD video across standard digital network infrastructures. It does this by using H.264 image compression technology, which requires a fraction of the bandwidth traditional MPEG4 or MJPEG requires.
* First truly long-range (48km) high-definition camera positioner
* Powerful HD zoom magnification, up to 137x
* Industry’s narrowest HAFOV with HD resolution, as low as 0.2 degrees
* Boresighted optics with programmable day/night focusing
* Greatest detection distances on the market, human-sized objects detected at distances up to 30 miles (48km) (based on Johnson Criteria with optimum conditions)
* First long-range HD camera positioner with built-in H.264 compression and web server, operating over standard digital networks
* Precision positioning with speed range of 0.05 to 450/second, and with built-in brakes for stability
* Highest environmental standards: IP67, ASTM-B117, TS-2 Shock & Vibe, and MIL-STD-810F for salt/fog, immersion and sand/dust
CohuHD’s 8800HD series combines full HD image resolution with high powered HD performance lens optics for delivering unprecedented image quality and detail for long range surveillance applications in the visible spectrum.
By comparison, CohuHD’s 8800HD series can deliver up to six times the resolution and detail of traditional standard definition long range camera systems.
In addition to the superior image quality and excellent long range zoom optic capabilities, the 8800HD series delivers video across standard network infrastructures, with H.264 image compression technology using fractions of the bandwidth traditional MPEG4 or MJPEG requires.
The 8800HD superior image quality is centered around a 1/2.7” CMOS 1080p30 progressive scan sensor. Image performance and color reproduction are superb even under challenging lighting conditions. In night mode, the camera enhances low light viewing by switching the IR (infrared) filter out of the optical path and providing a monochrome image. The camera switches from color to monochrome mode automatically by sensing the illumination level or by remote operator command. Image properties including exposure, gain, backlight and white balance are controlled automatically, or may be overridden for precise user adjustments as needed.
Long range surveillance is achieved by the integrated HD quality zoom lens optics, with focal range options of 12 mm to 660 mm or 16.7 to 1,000 mm. Both lens options include remotely controlled zoom extenders which can be inserted in the optical path increasing the maximum focal range up to 1,680 mm (0.2° HAFOV) or 2,000 mm (0.17° HAFOV)
The focus assist function insures crisp video with the touch of a button as scene views change.
The 8800HD series offers a standalone camera system or a fully integrated long range HD camera positioning system. The 8800HD camera positioner includes a variable hi-speed pan and tilt drive, 360O continuous pan (azimuth) and +/- 30O tilt (elevation) movements. Manual control positioning speeds range from 0.05O to 45O per second, with preset speeds reaching a maximum 90O /sec, resulting in 180O movements in less than 3 seconds. Preset and directed absolute position movement accuracies are precise to within 0.05O, insuring camera views are on target.
The 8800HD provides a full function web server, allowing complete administrative and operator control capabilities. Administrative features include configuring network settings, user password assignments, setting video and streaming properties, defining camera positioning presets/tours, assigning camera ID labels.
The 8800HD is designed to operate in extreme weather, with its IP67 sealed and pressurized enclosure protection. This eliminates the effects of water intrusion, pollutants and corrosives. It is designed to operate in a broad temperature range, from winter in the Arctic to summer in the desert, with heaters and fans, and electrical and mechanical components that are rated for the full range.
The 8800HD Series will deliver years of reliable service and clean images. It is backed by a two-year limited warranty.