Multi-facet video capture with UHD clarity
Matrox Clarity UHD is a comprehensive video capture card supporting the full range of video formats from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) all the way to ultra-high definition (UHD). Mini DisplayPort, HD-BNC, HDMI and custom analog DVI1 connectivity are provided to hook up to and switch between the different types of legacy and advanced video sources used in medical, surveillance and simulation training applications. System setup and management are further simplified with the board’s automatic video source presence and format selection4 . Matrox Clarity UHD can simultaneously acquire multiple streams such as four HD (1080p60) or two UHD (4K) video streams2 and reliably transfer these off board using its efficient PCIe® 2.0 x8 host interface.
Video pre-processing and H.264 encoding
In addition to video capture, Matrox Clarity UHD can offload video pre-processing tasks such as scaling, compositing and de-interlacing from the host processor. An optional H.264 encoder supports a range of profiles, from the baseline one up to the high 4:4:4 predictive5 one, for the broadest choice in encoded video quality for recording and distribution. Video pre-processing and H.264 encoding are designed to keep up with the board’s multi-stream acquisition capability
Lifecycle managed for consistent long term supply
Along with the careful selection of each component that goes into the Matrox Clarity UHD to ensure product availability in excess of five years, Matrox Imaging also exercises strict change control to provide consistent supply. Longevity of stable supply lets OEMs achieve maximum return on the original investment without incurring the additional costs associated with the repeated validation due to constantly changing products.
- Capture from legacy to the latest video sources through support for standard definition (SD) analog to ultra-high definition (UHD) digital formats
- Connect and switch between different video sources via Mini DisplayPort, HD-BNC, HDMI and custom analog DVI1 connectivity
- Handle multiple video sources with the simultaneous capture of up to four HD or two UHD streams2
- Optimize video transmission and storage through onboard multi-stream H.264 encoding
- Minimize system footprint by way of a single-slot PCIe® card design
- Simplify application development using the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) software development kit (SDK)
- Deploy on a current platform of choice with support for 64-bit Windows® 7/10 and Linux®3
1. Using supplied USB Type C to DVI-I adaptor cable.
2. Or a maximum combined bandwidth of 4 GB/sec.
3. Ask for availability.